Certain versions of the Kaspersky antivirus integrate themselves with the network connection in windows when the software is installed and this installs a miniport feature called ‘NDIS filter’ on the network of your computer. NDIS filter helps to monitor the network communication in your system and intercepts the packets that contain the attacks before they can reach to your system. The NDIS filter is not essentially required for the antivirus program but it is required for the network packet monitoring.
You can remove the NDIS filter from your system if it is creating the trouble with your network connection. You can take help of the kaspersky Support Canada
to remove the Kaspersky NDIS filter from the Windows XP.
- Go to the Control Panel’ by clicking on the ‘start’ button in your system.
- Double click on the ‘network connection’. If this option is not available, then click on ‘Network and Internet connections’ and after that click on ‘Network connections’.
- Right click on the primary network connection which is generally ‘Local area connection’ or ‘Wireless network connection’ and click on the ‘Properties’.
- Click on the ‘Kaspersky Antivirus’ NDIS Filter’ then clcik on ‘Uninstall’.
- Finally, uninstall the Kaspersky NDIS Filter from all of the other network connection displayed in the ‘Network connections’ window.
To remove the NDIS Filter from the Windows Vista, you can follow the same steps till 3. After that, click on the ‘Manage Network connections’ options. Click on the ‘Kaspersky Antivirus NDIS Filter’ and then click on the uninstall button.
Finally uninstall the Kaspersky NDIS Filter from all other network connections displayed in the ‘Network connections’ window. By following these steps you will be able to remove the NDIS filter from both Windows XP and Windows Vista.
Remove Kaspersky NDIS Miniport
Kaspersky anti virus NDIS Miniport driver
What is Kaspersky Anti-Virus NDIS Filter